WEDDING RECEPTIONS: CHOOSING A VENUE
Use these wedding venue tips to help you make your big decision on where to hold your wedding reception
The number of people you want at your reception may well dictate your choice of venue — or vice versa! It is usual for everyone who has been invited to the wedding ceremony to be asked to the reception.
If only a small number of guests can attend the ceremony due to lack of space, or you want a very private ceremony, then additional guests can be invited to the reception afterwards. For 100 guests or more, consider rooms designed specifically for holding receptions, as they will have all the facilities you need.
Most reception venues will quote you a cost per head for food and drink, plus a hire charge for the venue (or hire of a marquee) plus the cost of any entertainment, a toastmaster, cake stand etc. In your initial consultation with a venue, get a full list of all the possible costs and charges. Decide roughly what your budget is and your ideal head count and then the venue price range will become clear.
Once you’ve got a particular venue in mind, there are some important questions to ask to make sure that it really is suitable for the sort of reception you want:
- Are there adequate cloakroom and lavatory facilities?
- Are there facilities for less mobile guests or anyone with a disability?
- Is there special seating for elderly or frail guests, particularly if the reception does not include a sit-down meal?
- If children are to be invited, are there special facilities for them, for example areas where they can let off steam or highchairs for the meal?
- Are there sufficient car parking arrangements
- Is the reception venue within a reasonable distance of the ceremony? Is it easy to find, or well sign-posted?
- Will the reception venue accommodate the right number of guests and allow you to have the kind of reception you’ve got planned? Check carefully things such as licensing laws and late night curfews.
- Is there accommodation at the venue, or nearby, for out-of-town guests?
- Are decorations included or will you have to provide your own balloons, flowers, table decorations?
Stunning Wedding Packages in Liverpool
Celebrate the happiest day of your life at the luxury Richmond Hotel in Liverpool. Our stunning grade 2 listed building is recognised for its architectural beauty, making it perfect for the day you’ll remember forever. We offer a range of services that guarantee your wedding day experience is one that only conjures the happiest of memories.